INFORMATION FOR TENANTS
Using a professional agent can safeguard you as you have more control of your tenancy and obtaining your deposit back when you vacate, then with an independent landlord. As members of ARLA (Association of Residential Lettings Agents) the UK’s foremost professional body for letting agents we follow their Code of Practice for Lettings reassuring you that you are dealing with a qualified, trustworthy, knowledgeable letting agent.
Sally Botham Estates have a dedicated focused lettings department within an award-winning Estate Agency, giving you access to the broadest range of properties.
The Process -
- Register with us today either by calling us on 01629 760899 or by clicking on the ‘Join our mailing list’ icon, or email email@example.com
- Once we have a clear understanding of your requirements you will receive a selection of properties that match your criteria and we will keep you constantly up-to-date via email and SMS alerts when the latest properties become available.
- Please contact us via telephone or email to arrange any viewings.
- Once you have found your new home, you will need to complete an Application Form. Pay the tenancy application fee, provide 2 forms of identification i.e. passport and your driver's licence or a utility bill, provide your 3 most recent payslips and your 3 most recent bank statements.
- Once the Landlord has approved your application to rent we will then contact our referencing company who will send you a form to complete, they can then start on the referencing. They obtain a credit check, previous landlord reference and employer reference.
NB: If you have been bankrupt or have any County Court Judgements within the last 5 years this is an instant fail with our referencing company and we would not be able to proceed with your application.
- Once your referencing has been approved by the Landlord we will arrange a move in date and you can give notice on your current property (if necessary) and arrange removal companies etc.
- Check-In - We will attend at the property (if it is managed by ourselves) go through and agree an inventory with you and take meter readings. You should make sure you are happy with the property before signing the inventory, as this document can be used to protect yourself later in the tenancy and is the document checked by the DPS (Deposit Protection Scheme-government backed scheme) when dealing with any bond deductions or disputes.
Our aim is to make it as stress free as possible for you to find your new home and we are always happy to guide you through this process.